This Cajun Sausage Alfredo Pasta is one of our new favorite dishes. I will admit it was supposed to have chicken in it as well, but I got home and realized I didn’t have any so just sausage it was. But seriously, it was still so good and was such an easy meal and little clean up!
I am all about recipes that take the easiest clean up and this recipe is just a one pot recipe! Everything goes in the same pot so you just have 1 dish to clean up after!
- 4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 14 oz spoke sausage, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box pasta (you can use any kind, I used macaroni noodles)
- 1 1/2 tablespooks Cajun seasoning, I added more to have a more cajun taste
- 4 oz shredded parmesan cheese, I added more
- Pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sizes
- Cook sausage and/or chicken in large cooking pot in olive oil over medium heat. TIP: Add chicken first because that will take longer to cook than sausage.
- Stir in garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken brother, heavy cream, uncooked pasta and cajun season to same pot meat is in.
- Stir together and bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes covered. Pasta should be cooked and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and add extra cajun seasoning if desired.
Now, how easy was that! Let me know if you give this recipe a try!