Let me start off by apologizing for not getting any better pictures of this delicious poke cake I made a few weekends back! I made it for a cookout we were going to, snapped a few pictures and headed out the door. We dug into it so fast I forgot to take other pictures! But that just tells you how delicious it was!!
I have found a new love for making poke cakes! There are so many different kinds you can make and they are so easy and always a hit!
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (remember: you will need eggs and oil)
- 2 boxes of 3.5 oz of Instant Banana Puddings (remember: you will need 4 cups of milk)
- 1 box of Vanilla Wafers
- 1 large contrainer of Cool Whip
- 3 Bananas
- Bake cake, follow instructions on box.
- Once cake has cooled, take a wooden spoon and poke holes into cake (this will allow pudding mixture to fill into cake).
- Make pudding mixture, follow instructions on the box.
- Pour pudding mixture evenly over cake, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before completing cake.
- Slice bananas and layer on top of pudding mixture on cake, bananas should cover the entire cake.
- Crush 1-2 cups of Vanilla Wafers and sprinkle on top of bananas. TIP: When we were eating it, we didn’t get as many chunks of vanilla wafers as we would have liked, so next time I make it I will not crush them and just layer them like I did the bananas.
- Add the entire tub of cool whip and cover entire cake.
- Sprinkle 1-2 cups of crush vanilla wafers on top of cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.